History of the Club's Logos

The club logo is based on the Talbot dog which is featured on the coat of arms of the Duke of Westminster.

The logo has been altered several times but the basis still remains the Talbot. 

 

2019
In anticipation of the club's centenary, to take place in 2020, the words 'Est.1920' were added to the logo. Three forms of the logo were produced so that there would be a choice depending on the situation in which it would be placed.
 
2010
In order to modernise the club image, the new short form logo was launched in May 2010. Club colours now changed to dark blue and gold. There was also a silver version.
 
1993
The Golf Club moved from Eaton Hall, home of the Grosvenor family, to its new quarters in Waverton in 1993. Prior to this time the club was run by the Grosvenor Estate. It retains its association with Eaton and the Grosvenor Estate not only through its name, but also through the use of the talbot as its logo. The flag and front door mat at Eaton, Waverton, sported the club logo and colours. The flag still does (2019).
 
Pre 1993
The logo used by the club was copied from the coat of arms above and the original club colours, blue and yellow, were also from this. The Talbot dog was used on sweatshirts and other clothing at the old club. It was an outline form but on yellow sweatshirts it appeared yellow.
 
1874
The coat of arms, pictured right, was created for the Duke of Westminster, the first holder was Hugh Grosvenor, 3rd Marquess of Westminster. Extract form Wikipedia
 
1597 - The Origin of The Talbot Crest
In 1597 William Dethick, Garter Principal King of Arms at the Office of Arms in London, confirmed the talbot as the 'proper & indubitate' crest of the Grosvenor family.