Terms of Reference
In 2003 the Course Director approved the setting up of an Environmental Working Group with the purpose of providing advice and assistance on environmental matters. The Group was given the following main objectives.
- To assist in the preparation of an Environmental Management Plan, which will cover all environmental aspects of the management of the Club, both short- and long-term;
- To advise the Course Committee. as requested, on environmental issues related to the management of the Course;
- To assist the Head Greenkeeper in carrying out environmental tasks, as requested;
- To raise awareness amongst Club Members of the potential benefits of good environmental practices;
- To cooperate with the local community on environmental issues, if requested, and
- To guide the Club towards winning environmental accreditation and awards.
The Group will generally report to the Course Committee.
The EWG Committee is as follows
- Rex Kingsley- Chairman
- Bernard Payne
- Sarah Evans
- Robin Moore
- Micky Moore
- Rupert Thorp