- 1.OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 18.2)
- Beyond the course side edge of any wall or fence or trunks of hedges defining the boundary of the course.
- Beyond the course side of any line of white posts surrounding the clubhouse patio, practice putting green, practice area and the greenkeepers’ area.
- c. Beyond the course side of the line of white posts by the woodland to the left of the 2nd hole and by the hedges to the left of the 3rd and 5th holes.
- During play of the 14th hole, the area on the left side of the hole defined by white posts, beginning and ending with double white posts, is out of bounds. These white posts are treated as boundary objects during play of the 14th hole. For all other holes, they are immovable obstructions.
- 2.ABNORMAL COURSE CONDITIONS (including immovable obstructions)
- All roads and paths on the course outside penalty areas (excluding grass pathways), even if not artificially surfaced, are treated as immovable obstructions from which free relief is allowed under Rule 16.1a
- The stone parapets bounding the culverts on the 13th and 14th holes are immovable obstructions from which free relief is allowed under Rule 16.1a
- In addition to the types of interference described in Rule 16.1a, when a ball lies in the general area, interference also exists if an immovable obstruction is on the player’s line of play, and is within two club-lengths of the putting green, and is within two club-lengths of the ball. The player may take relief under Rule 16.1b (Exception – There is no relief under this Local Rule if the player chooses a line of play that is clearly unreasonable)
- Heavy tractor tracks may be treated as Ground Under Repair from which free relief is allowed under Rule 16.1a
- 3. NO PLAY ZONES
- The young trees protected by stakes or rabbit spirals are no play zones: If a player’s ball lies anywhere on the course other than in a penalty area and it lies on or touches such a tree or such a tree interferes with the player’s stance or area of intended swing, free relief must be taken under Rule 16.1f
- Areas of Ground Under Repair defined by white lines or marked as GUR are no play zones from which free relief must be taken under Rule 16.1f
- 4. TEMPORARY LOCAL RULES
These will be detailed on Notice Boards from time to time.
- 5. PENALTIES
Penalty for Playing a Ball from a Wrong Place in Breach of a Local Rule: General Penalty under Rule 14.7a